The Division of Public Safety encourages the use of the parklands throughout New Castle County, however we would like to remind everyone enjoying the parks the rules and regulations to ensure the protection of the parkland and safety of the citizens in the park. New Castle County Police will continue patrolling the parklands through the remainder of the summer and enforcing the park rules.
- All New Castle County parklands close at dusk, unless designated for extended use activities or written permission for after-dark programs
- Swimming is prohibited in all parks except in facilities expressly designated for that purpose
- Vehicles are prohibited on any parkland except the roads or areas which are designated and provided for such purposes.
- Speed Limit within all parks is 15mph unless otherwise posted
- Alcohol consumption and possession is strictly prohibited in the parks
- No open fires except in fireplaces and grills provided by the park
- Permits for use of athletic fields can be obtained through the parks and recreations office at New Castle County Government
- All pets are required to be on a leash, unless in the designated “bark park” area of the parkland
For more information on reserving pavilions, athletic fields and the complete county code, please visit http://www.nccde.org.