New Castle County Detectives are currently investigating multiple robberies of food delivery drivers in North Wilmington communities.
The first incident was reported on Thursday (11/3) with the most recent occurring late last night. In most of the reported incidents, the suspects were armed with weapons.
County Police are offering safety tips for all food delivery drivers:
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Make note of your location in case of an emergency.
- Keep your car doors locked.
- Never leave your car unattended with the motor running.
- Before exiting your car, check for suspicious activity.
- If you believe you are being followed, call 9-1-1.
- DO NOT exit a home/building without scanning the area.
- Make frequent money drops.
To offer any information, please call the New Castle County Police at (302) 573-2800 if you have any information about this incident. Citizens can also submit a tip via our website at www.nccpd.com.
Tipsters may also call Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333 or visit us on Facebook at New Castle County Police Department. Citizens who currently have the smartphone application are encouraged to use the “submit tip” tab to submit tips. Select a topic by using the “drop down” and complete the tip by “clicking” submit. The New Castle County Police Smartphone Application is free to download and available for all iPhone and Android smartphones.
As a reminder, a reward of up to $20,000.00 is available to anyone who provides information leading to the arrest and/or conviction of those responsible for violent crimes investigated by this agency.