(New Castle, DE 19720) On September 12, 2023 Patrol Officers from the New Castle County Division of Police began a theft investigation into a FedEx employee stealing over $99,000 worth of gold coins from a package. The suspect was identified as 27-year-old Jordan Hamilton of Wilmington. Officers later executed a search warrant at Hamilton’s home and located stolen gold and silver. Police also located multiple firearms to include a 12-gauge shotgun with an obliterated serial number and a 9mm handgun that was reported stolen out of Philadelphia.
Jordan Hamilton was charged with:
- One felony count of theft where the property value is greater than $50,000
- One felony count of theft over $1,500
- One felony count of selling stolen property
- One felony count of receiving stolen property
- One misdemeanor count of theft
- One misdemeanor count of receiving stolen property
- One felony count of possession of a weapon with an obliterated serial number
- One felony count of receiving a stolen firearm.
Hamilton turned himself in to police headquarters on November 10, 2023. Hamilton was arraigned by the Justice of the Peace Court 11. Bail was set at $21,000 unsecured and he was later released.