This morning, patrol officers from the New Castle County Division of Police are already investigating three vehicle thefts. In these cases, cars were left unattended while warming. As of this post, vehicle thefts have been reported in the communities of Collins Park and Dunleith-New Castle.
County Police warn all residents to never leave their cars unattended as this is an easy target for would-be thieves. To ensure the safety of your vehicle and the security of our community, we strongly advise against leaving your car running without supervision.
Within the last two weeks, officers have charged 8 juveniles with multiple counts of vehicle theft and related charges. The offenders were all between the ages of 14-17 years old. Please continue to report any suspicious behavior in your community.
Tips can be forwarded to:
- New Castle County Division of Police non-emergency number at (302) 573-2800
- Criminal Investigations Unit at (302) 395-8110
- Facebook (IM) “New Castle County Police”
- Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333
- Submit a tip online at http://www.delawarecrimestoppers.com
Tips can be submitted anonymously.